25 Jan Job Advert – External Technical Expert – Part-time
The European Garden Manufacturers Federation (EGMF – www.egmf.org) represents major garden, landscaping, forestry and turf equipment manufacturers and serves as a spokesman towards key European regulatory bodies. EGMF provides expertise on technical, marketing and other issues related to its industry.
We are currently looking for a technical expert to work part-time on a service contract basis (more or less 10 days per month).
The technical expert will be monitoring European technical and environmental regulations and standards applicable to EGMF products and analysing their impact on product design, such as the EU RED, LVD, EMCD, Machinery & Outdoor Noise Directives, and topics such as data protection, noise, road circulation, market surveillance & environment. Moreover, she/he will provide technical input to EGMF contributions to consultation responses and other public positions including consolidating members’ input and responding to technical enquiries. This comprises extracting, analysing and adequately presenting relevant technical data and information and potential impacts for EGMF from external studies and other relevant sources.
The technical expert will work under the authority of the EGMF Secretary General and Technical Committee Chairman. He/she would be expected to start sometime in spring and by 30th June at the latest.
- Electrical and/or mechanical engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrical/mechanical industry, experience in outdoor power or agricultural machinery is highly desirable.
- Experience in product compliance
- Experience with EU/national regulatory entities
- Excellent English and at least one other EU language
- Well organised, able to work independently as well as in a small and international team
- Good presentation and analytical skills
- Confident in giving presentations in front of a large audience
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 23 February 2018.